My name is Jonene Ficklin, and I'm a full-time wife, mom, writer, and professional artist. I've been drawing since I was old enough to hold a pencil. I use colored pencils, oil paints, and watercolors. I love what I do!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thank You

I'm feeling extra grateful today. Sometimes things happen that really wake us up to how blessed we are. I'm grateful for little things like toothpaste and heaters. I'm grateful for big things like God, family, friends and home.

I know there's wisdom is just taking a moment to sit still and think. There's so much to be happy about. So today, I'm keeping my blog short and ending with a quote I love:

"We spend most of our time and energy in a kind of horizontal thinking. We move along the surface of things but there are times when we stop. We sit still. We lose ourselves in a pile of leaves or its memory. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper." by James Carroll

Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for all the good you do!

2 comments:

Theme images by Zarin Ficklin. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright 2011 Joneneficklin.com

Site by Zarin Ficklin